Administration of the Renewable Energy Demonstration Program
- Tabled Date:
- Tuesday 21st August 2012
- Report Number:
- Resources, Energy and Tourism
- Department of Resources, Energy & Tourism
The objective of the audit was to assess the effectiveness of the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism’s administration of the Renewable Energy Demonstration Program (REDP), including progress towards achieving the programʹs objectives.
The audit examined whether the department had established effective arrangements to:
- implement REDP, including governance arrangements;
- assess applications for REDP funding assistance and recommend projects to the Minister for funding approval;
- negotiate funding agreements for approved projects; and
- monitor progress towards the achievement of the REDP objective.