Certified Agreements in the Australian Public Service
The audit examined a range of issues in relation to the development of certified agreements in the APS with particular emphasis on the link between improved pay and conditions and increased productivity, and the funding of agreements. The objectives of the audit were to:
- provide an overview of the range of wage outcomes included in the first round of APS certified agreements;
- identify the administrative arrangements agencies have in place to measure any improvements in productivity that were linked to pay increases;
- determine how agencies funded their certified agreements;
- review the reporting and accountability arrangements agencies have in place to monitor progress and to evaluate the outcomes of their certified agreements;
- determine the extent to which agencies complied with the employment terms and conditions outlined in their certified agreements that contributed to paying for their agreement or measuring and/or assessing improvements in productivity; and
- examine the role of central coordinating agencies in reviewing agencies' certified agreements.