Equity in Employment in the Australian Public Service
The objectives of the audit were to examine the benefits of diversity management in the APS and review the progress made towards equity in employment in the APS, including the EEO Program. It included:
- an assessment of the progress towards achieving equity across the APS and by individual agencies;
- an assessment of the quality of agency EEO programs;
- an assessment of the role of the PSMPC in approving agency EEO programs and monitoring trends across the service;
- a consideration of legal obligations and agencies compliance with these; and
- the possible risks to, and opportunities for, equity under the WRA.
The audit concentrated on evidence of overall progress, the relative performance of individual agencies, and the examination of observed and underlying trends.