The audit examined the efficiency and effectiveness of the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations' implementation and subsequent management of the Indigenous Employment Policy. The audit sought to determine whether, in relation to the Indigenous Employment Policy, the department had:
- developed appropriate planning processes and performance measures;
- monitored and reported performance results;
- implemented appropriate evaluation and review mechanisms;
- conducted effective marketing and promotion; and
- identified enhancements and addressed performance issues.