International Travel Restrictions during COVID-19
The objective of this audit is to assess the effectiveness of the design and management of international travel restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ANAO proposes to examine:
- Have Australia’s COVID-19 international travel restrictions been informed by robust planning and policy advice?
- Have Australia’s COVID-19 international travel restrictions been coordinated and communicated effectively?
- Have inwards and outwards travel exemptions been managed effectively?
The entities selected for audit are:
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Contribute to this audit
We anticipate accepting contributions to this audit until Sunday 27 June 2021.
Work program portfolios
This in-progress performance audit is featured in 5 annual audit work program portfolios: