The objective of this audit is to assess the effectiveness of the management of travel across the Australian border during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ANAO proposes to examine:
- Have Australia’s COVID-19 travel border measures been informed by sound advice and coordinated effectively?
- Have effective arrangements been established to manage human biosecurity risk at the border?
- Have inwards and outwards travel restrictions been managed effectively?
The entities selected for audit are:
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet