Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation targets in major procurements
The objective of this audit is to assess the effectiveness of the administration of the mandatory minimum requirements for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation in major government procurements in achieving policy objectives.
The ANAO proposes to examine whether:
- mandatory minimum requirements have been designed to achieve the Government’s policy objectives;
- mandatory minimum requirements are being implemented and monitored effectively;
- entities are complying with the mandatory minimum requirements in major procurements; and
- entities are complying with the mandatory minimum requirements in managing contracts.
The entities selected for audit are:
- Department of Defence
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development
- National Indigenous Australians Agency
Work program portfolios
This in-progress performance audit is featured in 4 annual audit work program portfolios: