Commonwealth Guarantees, Indemnities and Letters of Comfort
The objectives for the audit were to examine Commonwealth guarantees, indemnities and letters of comfort in relation to:
- the potential size of the Commonwealth's exposure to these instruments;
- the extent to which the overall exposures of the Commonwealth are managed and monitored;
- the adequacy of administrative reporting arrangements;
- areas of better administrative practice relating to their management; and
- to raise agencies' awareness of appropriate risk management and accountability practices in relation to these instruments.
The audit set out to quantify the Commonwealth's exposure to guarantees, indemnities and letters of comfort.