The objective of this audit is to assess the effectiveness to date of the Department of Defence’s procurement of six evolved Cape Class patrol boats.
The high-level audit criteria are set out below. The ANAO will examine:
- Did the Department of Defence (Defence) effectively assess its capability requirements and options?
- Did Defence effectively advise government?
- Did Defence conduct an effective procurement process that supported the achievement of its capability requirements and value for money?
- Has Defence established fit-for-purpose contracting arrangements for the acquisition?
- Has Defence established fit-for-purpose governance arrangements for the acquisition?
- Is Defence meeting program milestones and supporting the delivery of capability requirements?
Work program portfolio
This in-progress performance audit is featured in 1 annual audit work program portfolio: