Management of Corporate Sponsorship
The overall objective of the preliminary study was to determine whether a performance audit of the management of corporate sponsorship was warranted. Specifically, the areas canvassed during the preliminary study were:
- policies and guidelines for the management of corporate sponsorship;
- integration of corporate sponsorship into agency planning;
- contractual arrangements;
- evaluation of corporate sponsorship within the agency;
- valuation and reporting of corporate sponsorship; and
- costs and benefits associated with corporate sponsorship.
The preliminary study findings did not warrant proceeding to a full performance audit. However, because corporate sponsorship is likely to be a growing area of importance for the Commonwealth, the ANAO concluded that there was value in producing a better practice guide in addition to the audit report.